Grounding Creatures Kit
Grounding Creatures help your child to feel less anxious by using a ‘grounding’ technique. It gives them something else to focus on or distract themselves with when they are feeling anxious or panicked. They are designed to be small and can be kept in a pocket so they are there whenever they need them!
What are the benefits?
- Anxiety support available whenever your child (or you!) need it;
- A symbol of safety and reassurance when your child(ren) are away from home or from you;
- An opportunity to communicate with your children about when and what makes them anxious (and therefore gain knowledge about how you can better support them), share your own experiences and let them know it's OK to feel anxious sometimes;
- A playful opportunity to express their creativity through colour choice, shape making, feature creation;
- A fun way to practise fine motor skills (particularly hand and writing muscles) and strengthen muscles in the hands for those who this is tricky;
What's in the pack?
- 4 x Coloured Clays;
- Your 'How To' guide.
How does it work? (The Science behind the Art)
When we are feeling stressed or panicked our thoughts often become like a broken record – all very similar, all negative and can feel as though they are getting faster and faster. Our body reacts to us feeling stressed and our heart begins to pump faster, adrenaline kicks in which makes us feel as though we need to go into survival mode. We might breathe faster. All of this, if we are being really honest, doesn’t feel great. In fact, it feels terrible! It’s exactly the same for our children.
Grounding Creatures are little pocket protectors, there for whenever your child(ren) need them. The clay stays workable for months so the creature collection can be updated as often as you like! Enjoy!