Messy (beautiful) Mind
Do you have an anxious little worrier (warrior) at home?
Or maybe a child whose thoughts can be explosive and difficult to manage?
Do they struggle to open up to you about what they might be thinking and feeling?
Heart Smart Arts has the perfect answer for you: A way you can support your child to open up, explore those thoughts and feelings and feel closer to and more understood by you in the process – My Messy (beautiful) mind Art pack.
What are the benefits?
- The chance for your child to make a mess and express those feelings in a safe and contained way;
- The opportunity for you to support your child and be curious about what each thought might be about (don’t worry we will give you helpful suggestions about what to say if you aren’t sure);
- The transformational learning for your child (and maybe you too!) that we are not our thoughts, they are something we have and we can chose to let them go or keep them. Our thoughts do not define us, they are just something that happens.
- A symbol of your connection to one another and understanding of how your child is feeling to support you both going forward.
What’s in the pack?
- A GINORMOUS A1 piece of paper;
- 4 pots of paint in your chosen colours (choose from pink, red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, turquoise, light blue, dark blue, purple, brown, black and white) ;
- An eco-friendly paintbrush;
And it all comes in a cool box which is perfect for making into something interesting another time!
This activity can be done as many times and as often as you like and it suitable for anyone from 3+. We hope you love it as much as we do!